Unidentified catfish....

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
ChannelCat13
Location 1: Texarkana,Texas
Interests: Fish mainly catfish

Unidentified catfish....

Post by ChannelCat13 »

First I would like to say Hi! :D I know this isnt a good idea but I couldnt help it I found a catfish in a local pond and had to bring it to my aquarium.I treared it with all medications before he was placed with my other fish.Here I am 4 months later and hes doing great,theres only one problem.I dont know his species :!: Could someone help me with this,he is dark brown with whiskers all over his face,his bottom whiskers are white,his tail fin is round shaped.If it helps we live in texas and these fish are common around here.Thanks in advance.... :D
I love my channel catfish!
ChannelCat13
Location 1: Texarkana,Texas
Interests: Fish mainly catfish

Post by ChannelCat13 »

sorry I dont have a pic :? .I have a DC but cant figure out how to connect it to my computer.If you need any further info on the fish I will get it for you.
I love my channel catfish!
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 890
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:1, k:0)
Spotted: 423
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

It sounds like either a yellow bullhead (<i>A. natalis</i>) or a black bulhead (<i>A. melas</i>).

Return to “What is my catfish?”