Identification

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Afonso
Location 1: Rio de Janeiro: Brazil
Interests: Business

Identification

Post by Afonso »

Last edited by Afonso on 14 Aug 2007, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
AngelicusFish
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: USA
Interests: cheetahs,and catfish

Post by AngelicusFish »

I'm not sure but I am pretty sure it is a L214
I have one catfish and it a Pimelodus Pictus.
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

I have no idea what an L214 looks like as there is no picture in the Cat-eLog - which means that no one on PlanetCatfish has taken a picture and sent it to Jools - which also tells me that it's not a common fish in the trade. Nor is there any good hits in Google for L214 images - I found a reference at http://www.transfish.de to say that it's the same as L140, but that's no real help - no pictures of that one either.

I suspect it's more likely to be one of the more common Peckoltia species, such as , or

There are no strict distinguishing features among these fish except that L205 is clearly marked on the belly area which makes it rather unique in this group.

Knowing where it was captured would of course help, but may not be easy to find out - even in Brazil.

I also took the oppurtunity to move this to the "ID" forum, as although the family of the fish is definitely Loricariidae, any question on the specifics of the identify of a fish should be in this forum.

--
Mats
Afonso
Location 1: Rio de Janeiro: Brazil
Interests: Business

Post by Afonso »

Thank you MatsP, I think is L205, and excuse for the post in the wrong forum I am new here and I don't understand english very well
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

No worries, it's not hard to move a post, and your post was "sort of right" - it's not easy to know the details all the time.

--
Mats

Return to “What is my catfish?”