Iridescent Shark ?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Asia.
fishcube
Location 1: Iowa

Iridescent Shark ?

Post by fishcube »

Anyone have one? size? Pictures? How fast do they grow?
Sharon & Steve
---
Own, 370g, 125g, 55g, 30hex, 20long, 20g.
W: Giant Gourami
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

Last edited by Dave Rinaldo on 25 Jan 2008, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
Contribute to Planet Catfish!

Use this Amazon.com link to benefit Planet Catfish!!
fishcube
Location 1: Iowa

Post by fishcube »

Dave Rinaldo wrote:
CotM
Thanks, I've seen that page. I'm looking for info from other people who own one. Pics of their sharks etc. And find out how fast they grow from personal experience.
Sharon & Steve
---
Own, 370g, 125g, 55g, 30hex, 20long, 20g.
W: Giant Gourami
AngelicusFish
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: USA
Interests: cheetahs,and catfish

Post by AngelicusFish »

I almost got one yesterday but when I found out it plays dead I didn't get it lol.
I have one catfish and it a Pimelodus Pictus.
youknowit194
Location 1: Poughkeepsie, NY

Post by youknowit194 »

I just rescued one from the horrors of petco (at least the one near me) the other day and it is very nervous and was unhealthy when i got it. From all my research that seems to be the norm for the fish as they grow. As far as growing it depends on the tank and the conditions i guess. They will grow bigger and faster in a bigger tank. I have heard of some growing up to 6 or 7 inches in a few months and i have heard of some in a few years. I think its safe to say that it is impossible to look at a young iridescent and determine how big it will get and how fast. I love these fish but are very hard to care for. Good luck. If anyone can help me with my problems with this shark i have a topic posted a few above this one. Thank you.
puner
Location 1: The Sweetess place on earth
Interests: fish, cars, bikes

Post by puner »

i have had one now for six months and he is only six inches
DragonRubyFire
Location 1: Port Alberni British Columbia Canada

Iridescent Shark

Post by DragonRubyFire »

Hi I have had my Shark now for at least 6 to 7 years. :) My daughter named him Sharky Go Figure :lol: Anyways mine had managed to grow up to 10 inches in a 20 gallon tank and since being in a 120 gallon tank he has gained another 1 to 2 inchesin about 2 months. I have experience the sudden crashes they go through due to being spooked and if they hit the glass hard enough they will sink to the bottom as if they were dead, in some cases they do die from it , but my guy has survived everytime. :D they can crack the glass if they are big enough. My guy seems to be in love with my Feather Fin Synodontis Roxy and he swims with my Jack Dempsey Jack, they seem to be buddies and he wants to get to know my L001 Pleco Shadow, but no luck there so far :cry: Oddly enough he doesn't even try to eat my German Blue Rams,Sucking Loach, Austrailian Rainbow Fish or even the Pictus Cats and he is definitely big enough to do it. He eats mainli Algea disks :P :wink:

Well I hope this helps you with Iridescent Sharks.
I Am A Dragon By Nature, But A Human By Circumstance.
cenecker
Location 1: eternal, impenetrable darkness
Interests: Aquaculture

Post by cenecker »

I have a pangasius who is a little over a foot. I recently got him at that size so I can't give you much info on growth rate. I can tell you I've personally seen them at 24" and I hear that they get four feet in the wild.

I have heard that they are very skittish in the aquarium but so far he's been alright in a 125, no bouts of smashing into the glass :shock: . He's bound for a pond (when I get around to building it :roll: )
andysmith
Location 2: london

Re: Iridescent Shark ?

Post by andysmith »

Hi dont have one as a pet but they grow very large in lakes can easily reach 100lb plus. I have caught them in Thailand upto 60lb.I also know they can grow from 1 gram to 1.5kg in their first year.

[Mod edit: Change to lower-case -- Mats]
Guanlong_wucaii
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Singapore!
Location 2: Singapore City, Singapore
Interests: Drawing...

Re: Iridescent Shark ?

Post by Guanlong_wucaii »

I think I saw one in a pond, and by golly, it was almost 1m in length! :shock:
I have a Horabagrus Brachysoma called Killer. :D

Code: Select all

Lol. Lol. LOOOOOOL.