Juwel Rio 180 Noisy Filter

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
paul_southend2k
Location 1: Southend on Sea, Essex, UK
Interests: Tropical Fish, Cars, People

Juwel Rio 180 Noisy Filter

Post by paul_southend2k »

My Built in Juwel Filter is making a vibrating noise, i have tried replacing the pump, rubber connection underneath etc but its still vibrating, i have tried pushing the filter in different directions from the inside to see if its vibrating against the glass of the tank but it isnt. Has anyone else found this? (its an old tank so cant take it back)
Rio 180 - new setup 9/4/07

Rekord 120 - 3 Redline Barbs,4 Clown Loach,2 SAE,1 Kissing Gourmai,7 Rummynose Tetras,1 Flame Tetra,4 Cherry Barbs,2 Clown Pl*cos.

60cm tank - 2 SAE,10 Cardinal Tetras,2 Peppered Corys,1 Red Phantom Tetra,5 Bleeding Heart Tetras,3 High-Spot Rasboras,1 Male Krib & 4 False Cuckoo Catfish
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

I haven't got a RIO180, but a RIO400, and the filter on that is quiet. I also have a Juwel 60 liter tank with a similar type of filter with no problems.

When you say you replaced the pump, do you mean actually REPLACE it with a different one, or just remove and reseat it?

--
Mats

Return to “Tank Talk”