Taxonomic revision of Lake Taganyikan Synodontis

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!!

+1 to what Lee and Grahams said...
The pdf unfortunately won't be released before several months, I think to let some times for the fascicule to be sold sufficently.

Jeremy Wright had warned me about any illegal pdf copy that would be made will be seen as a violation of the copyright and further legal action will be taken against the persons who spread it illegaly...

cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Seedy
Location 1: Tulsa OK USA
Interests: Scuba, Sport/Defense Shooting (handgun), Fishing and Cichlids

Post by Seedy »

Sorry for the confusion with "pdf"...I just used to getting these type publications in that format. I certainly did not mean to suggest the theft of intelectual property.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 948
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:237, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:10, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 450
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

yannfulliquet wrote:The pdf unfortunately won't be released before several months, I think to let some times for the fascicule to be sold sufficently.

Jeremy Wright had warned me about any illegal pdf copy that would be made will be seen as a violation of the copyright and further legal action will be taken against the persons who spread it illegaly...

cheers
Yann
That's great, but I've sent three emails now to the address in this topic and no reply. Nothing (and I've checked my junk mail). I have had the opportunity of receiving several versions of the illegal PDF from others with the same frustrating experience as me.

If this is the norm, it might be a long time before "sufficient" sales are made. This is just my view, and it might be a contentious one, but I see it as another bad example of a sadly lost opportunity for aquarists to support science with hard cash.

Sorry, this is a raw nerve of mine...

Jools
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 948
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:237, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:10, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 450
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Just wanted to say that I got a reply soon after I posted which is great. Not so great is that I cannot send payment electronically and spending $40 to get an international money order organized dampens even my enthusiasm!

Anyone I know personally want to go in with a bulk (say ten copies) order with me and I'll paypal you half the cash and you send the check? You and I could then put the rest of the copies on watermart for the greater good?

Jools
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

I can help.
Contribute to Planet Catfish!

Use this Amazon.com link to benefit Planet Catfish!!
grahams
Location 1: northampton
Interests: tanganykan cats and cichlids

Taxanomic revision of Synodontis

Post by grahams »

Hi all,

I don't know what kind of success has been had by anyone looking to get the papers on this work,but they can be ordered now.Anyone interested should visit
http://www.stevensimpsonbooks.com from where these papers can be ordered.Cost is £8.65 +P&P.
For those who don't know of this shop it is one of the finest sites on the web for all things ichthyological and in my opinion should be on everyones favourites list

Regards

Graham

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”