moss balls

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
bigstinka
Location 1: gloucs

moss balls

Post by bigstinka »

have just had my first spawning ever with corys (trineaus?) and have heard that aswel as liquifry no1 to use my moss balls as these have tiny bugs living on them that the fry will eat. is this true? i hav had about 3 spawns in the last 2 days but the males ate most when they were layed i managed to save about 40 allthough half were not fertile. i also dosing small quantities of anti fungus and some fry have allready hatched. i am keeping them in a breeding net.

this all sound ok?
Nemesis
Location 1: Dubbo, Australia

Post by Nemesis »

congrats on the spawning i hope it all goes well.
personnally i have 2 moss balls in my tank (freebies from my lfs) although my corys havent spawned yet so im not sure on what theyre like

sorry i couldnt help :(
Ryan S
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:1)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Herefordshire,
Location 2: UK

Post by Ryan S »

I'm looking to get some Java moss for my tanks, but can't seem to locate any from snail-free sources.

Any suggestions?
300L S. American Community
57L Cory breeding project
and a 60L Hex tank for my Otto's
Nemesis
Location 1: Dubbo, Australia

Post by Nemesis »

I'm looking to get some Java moss for my tanks, but can't seem to locate any from snail-free sources.

im not sure where you could get it from but i good idea would be to go to your lfs and ask if they could put some in a tank with with a yoyo (reticulated) loach... if they stock them. Because yoyo's absoloutly love snails. Or there is always the possibility of buying both and him eat them in your tank?

Nemesis

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”